I always love that fresh-start feeling I get with each New Year. There’s something so positive about closing the door to last year and stepping into the next. Looking back over the years, I know I have been blessed with a second career as a writer, (my first was RN for twenty-six years, and Medical Transcriber for eight years before that) and I cherish each and every year that I can make that “writerly” claim.
There are some particularly exciting things for me to look forward to this year, and I thought I’d share ten of them with my blog readers.
- 10. Turning in my 20th book to Harlequin.
- 9. Writing three more books this year (in order to do #10)
- 8. Planning the next three books for another Special Edition proposal
- 7. Self-publishing another book
- 6. Going to Romance Writers’ of America National Conference in San Antonio, Texas in July.
- 5. Connecting with and meeting more Special Edition and Medical Romance authors, and authors in general, plus readers on line and in person.
- 4. Reaching my goal in Weight Watchers
- 3. Vacationing in Virginia and visiting my son in North Carolina
- 2. Having my son and his lady visit us in California
- 1. Hands down the most exciting event in 2014 is thanks to my daughter and son-in-law, which will be:
Welcoming my very first grandchild into the world in February! I cannot wait.
So there you have it. The list lifts my spirits with anticipation for a wonderful year. I hope you’ll take a moment to jot down a list of reasons 2014 will be a good one for you, and maybe refer to it every now and then, especially if you’re feeling down. Taking an attitude of gratitude along with us each and every day when we walk out that door can make a difference.
What’s on your list? Care to share one or two items?
Until next time, make it a great one!