Who is this person and why should I care?
That’s the first thought I have when I hear about people and their blogs. In the latest census count, our U.S. population was updated to somewhere around 309 million, and honestly, I think most of us have blogs. Frankly, I’m worried all of this cyber-space info is going to cause atmospheric litter and create landfills in our universe. Sometime down the line we’ll discover we’ve plugged up black holes and tinkered with the natural balance with our plethora of blog posts.
Who has time to read everyone else’s blogs? Why would we want to?
I’ve heard other authors recommend blogs which they follow, on their blogs, after they’ve updated Facebook and twittered about updating Facebook. I’ve also read many articles from other people’s blogs which have been informative and helpful. I’ve participated in group blogs in the past, but I don’t go seeking out blogs to follow, and before today, I’ve never had my own blog.
So why now?
There is a simple answer. I’ve remodeled my website for the New Year, and the blog came with the package. Truth is, there are times when I want to update my website with breaking news and it takes a while for my wonderful web mistress, Karen, to get a chance to post things. And, if I have a book coming out, I will definitely post more often than my prior once a month Dear Reader updates.
So now that I’m blogging, here is my promise to you, the blog reader: (ha ha ha ha, as if there are any people chomping at the bit to follow yet another blog)
1. I will not tell you what I ate for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, unless it was really good.
2. I will not post only about me, Me, ME!
3. I will do my best to be informative about whatever topic I Blog on.
4. I promise to answer each and every comment left for me, and to delete SPAM comments ASAP.
5. I promise not to blog daily (can’t fathom the thought!) but prn, which is a nursing term for as needed. And to keep the blog short and sweet.
6. I will often include pictures of good looking men, though they will be fully clothed…well, um, maybe shirtless from time to time.
7. I solemnly vow to never blog about shoes or handbags, or shopping in general.
8. I promise not to go overboard with cute pet photos.
9. I won’t promo you to death.
10. I will just say NO! to TMI on the personal front.
These rules are subject to change and the author does not guarantee that she will always adhere to them, but will try her best.
So what the heck will I blog about? Why not check back from time to time to find out? I’d love your company, because there’s nothing more pitiful than a person blogging to themselves…
Next topic: Who Are These People and Why Should I Care? (A continuation on a theme I seem to have stumbled upon with this announcement.)
I’ll discuss what it takes to get me to care about the characters when I first begin reading a book.
Oh, that should be riveting!